Our home turf wasn’t only the host of the grandest wakeboarding competition featuring the best wakeboarders in the world, we also proved that we Filipinos can shred with the best of them.
Held at the world-famous Camsur Watersports Complex from September 28 to October 1, the 2017 Wake Park World Champions by the World Wake Association was joined by 200 wakeboarders from over 20 countries from all around the world. The four days were filled with action-packed competitions by day and unforgettable after-parties by night.
In the end, three Filipinos reigned supreme and showed they are indeed world-class riders. Stephen Vano was hailed as the Champion in the Amateur Men Category, Marvin Tucio bagged third place in the Master’s Men Category and JP Canuto took home the first place in the Amateur Wakeskate Category. Pinoy pride, indeed!
The complete list of winners follows:
- Amateur Women Category: Shaikha Al-Nouri (Kuwait)
- Boys Category: Loic Deschaux (France)
- Girls Category: Oleksandra Samoilenko (Ukraine)
- Junior Boys Category: Danylo Kleschchar (Ukraine)
- Junior Features Category: Jadon Scures (USA)
- Junior Men’s Category: Connor Lawton (Australia)
- Junior Women’s Category: Megan Nel (Russia)
- Master’s Category: Robin Leonard Jensen (Denmark)
- Master’s Features Category: Robin Leonard-Jensen (Denmark)
- Master’s Men Category: Robin Leonard Jensen (Denmark)
- Men’s Features Category: Stefan Hahn (Australia)
- Men’s Professional Category: Guenther Oka (USA)
- Open Women Features: Melanie Staaf (Sweden)
- Pro Men’s Features Category: Gunther Oka (USA)
- Pro Women’s Features Category:: Anna Nikstad (USA)
- Professional WakeSkate: Andrew Pastura (USA)
- Veteran’s Category: Dayle Cartwright (USA)
- Winch Wakeboard: Victor Salmon (Belgium)
- Winch Wakeskate: Andrew Pastura (USA)
- Women’s Professional Category: Julia Rick (Germany)